Today was full of fun! After Tante Marianne got back from her physio in the morning we drove to Den Haag. We were able to find a parking space in a parking garage that ended up costing 9 euros for 4 1/2 hours!! That is great! Especially compared to Amsterdam costing 24 euros for 5 hours. After we parked we went to watch the Prinsjesdag parade where the Queen rides by in the golden coach to open up parliament. The first spot we were in was right on the corner, but we were in a big crowd. Laena held the camera as high as she could reach to get over the crowd, and Tante Marianne, being taller than us could see, but in order for me to see Laena had to squat down so I could stand on her legs. Then I could see really well!!
While I was up on Laena's legs, I saw that there was a big screen down at the opposite corner showing everything, so after the parade was all done we walked over that way to listen to the Queen give her speech to open up parliament (similar to the state of the union address). Tante Marianne thought that it was strange that the people next to the fence weren't leaving their spots so she asked one of them if the parade was coming back and they were, so we had really good spots the second time around! We were so close that we could see inside the carriages and we could see Queen Beatrix. We waved to her and she waved back!! Of course, she was already waving, but she looked at us! If the day would have ended there, I would have been completely satisfied, but it got even better!!

After the parade we ate a broodje kroket, then headed off to the paleis to try and catch Queen Beatrix, Willem Alexander, and Maxima waving from the balcony. However, by the time we were able to cross the roads they had gone in for soup. Then we went to Panorama Mesdag and saw the amazing panoramic picture!! Afterwards we stopped for "Koffie time" then saw the Parliament buildings.
We then drove to Scheveningen to get a parking place and eat dinner before the musical Tarzan started. Dinner was at a tasty Chinese restaurant. Yummy! Across the street from the restaurant was the thing that brought us down to the Hague and Scheveningen...TARZAN! The musical was amaaaaaaaazing!! Fantastic!! Fabulous!! The songs are still going through my head...of course I don't think they will be coming out soon because I got the cast album after it was over. The actors were incredible and funny! They were also very acrobatic, walking around like apes...flying through the air above your head...stupendous! It gives you goosebumps being there in person, sitting in red velvet seats, feeling "the vibrations", everything! It is a good thing we had an hour long drive to get back home or I would have been way to excited to go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment