Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The time came for us to get up and go to the airport. We had a great time in Holland and I was definitely glad I went!! We found another cool toilet to take a picture of in the airport. This one was a hi-tech one, but what was even cooler were the tulips painted on the stall doors. I don't think anyone saw us taking pictures of the stalls in the bathroom, but if they did, you know they thought we were crazy.




It was a long flight over the ocean, and a lot more cramped because we didn't have the luxury of getting moved up to Economy Plus. So, we had sore legs just like everyone else. In fact, when I tried to lay my seat back a little bit to sleep, the lady behind me kicked my seat. So I put my pillow up against the window instead. Eventually we started descending and we saw Michigan as we flew into Chicago. It was pretty, and I was excited to get off the plane.







We had another 6 hour layover in Chicago. At least this time part of the time was spent in Customs, then traveling from Customs to the terminal. After playing scrabble for hours and eating dinner the flights for our time were finally up on the boards, and we discovered we were in the wrong terminal, so we got a bus to the next one over. There we sat again, waiting for our flight and playing speed scrabble. However, we remembered that the Chicago airport had these really cool hi-tech toilet seats with rotating seat covers, so this time we were ready with our cameras. In fact, Laena took a video of it. To see what I am talking about, click here.


Our plane ended up being delayed, so we had to wait even longer!! However, we eventually made it home. We were exhausted, the time change was throwing us off and our bodies had been awake for over 24 hours, though the time change made it the same day. Luckily our planes came in at night, so we could go straight to bed.
We were happy to be home.


To see the other pictures, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot I tool a video of the toilet seat cover. I think it's hilarious we got so obsessed with toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we are so silly, but you have to admit they were pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete