Amsterdam!! Today Tante Marianne had to go back to work again, so she dropped us off at the train station and we took the train into Amsterdam. We had a map of the city that Tante Marianne gave us to help us get around. I also remembered reading about a canal bus, it is a little boat that drives around the canals to take you to all the tourist areas. I knew that there was a ticket that you could buy that would allow you to canal bus hop for a full 24 hours. So, once we found the ticket place that is what we did. We ended up going to the Rijksmuseum, Coster Diamonds, which shows how they cut di
We found more killer pidgeons during our stroll through Amsterdam.
It got a little nerve racking in Amsterdam when Laena went to get some more money from her debit card and the machine ended up eating it. We had anticipated using her cash for today's and tomorrow's adventure, so it kind of made us nervous because I didn't have enough money to pull off of my debit card, so we just had my cash and my credit card to work with. A lot of places don't accept credit cards, but I was able to use the credit card to enter the rest of the museums which was good because we could only use cash to buy the train ticket back home. I had pennies left after I bought the ticket, but we made it back home...even though we had a hard time understanding the conductor. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment